Navigating the Web Soil Survey (WSS) Home Page
Throughout my experience with the WSS, I learned some new features I was not previously aware of. The things I found most interesting was the ability to export the data in several different ways so that it can be incorporated into other software applications. One application I learned to use earlier this semester is Arc GIS. The layer data and tables produced on the WSS can be imported to systems like Arc GIS to compare data and see a better environmentally complete picture of the area. In addition to exporting the data to another program, the ability to import files into the WSS is an amazing feature. The two-way flow of data provides the best opportunity to regulators and other stakeholders to increase transparency and collaboration.
Resources
United States Department of Agriculture. (2018). Web
Soil Survey. USDA; United States Department of Agriculture. https://websoilsurvey.sc.egov.usda.gov/App/WebSoilSurvey.aspx
Comments
Post a Comment